Auto manufacturer reduces workers’ compensation costs
Helping an auto manufacturer lower costs and improve workforce health.
A major auto manufacturer turned to Premise Health to give their workforce access to a broader range of healthcare services, all while lowering costs. We worked with their team to build a proactive onsite health program that met, and even exceeded, their goals.
Premise Health increased and improved the health services available to employees by:
- Starting an Early Symptom Intervention program that included fully certified athletic training staff intervening early with employees experiencing musculoskeletal discomfort
- Implementing proactive Premise Health RN case management (site, telephonic, and field)
- Placing a dedicated case management staff
- Training the entire medical staff on ways to improve overall workforce health
- Practicing aggressive case management from First Report of Injury to Maximum Medical Improvement using evidence based medicine guidelines
- Placing onsite physical therapists who worked closely with providers, employees, and management
- Training Premise Health providers in the latest occupational health evidence-based medicine guidelines and practice adjustment
- Contacting community providers if there were gaps in documentation and noting those gaps in work abilities with respect to fitness-for-duty exams
The manufacturer won the Teddy Roosevelt Award in the for-profit category for its outstanding accomplishments in the areas of workers’ compensation, employee safety, and medical management.
In only five years, Premise Health:
reduced workers’ compensation costs by
reduced claim payouts by